Monday, May 14, 2012

This is my now!

As I travel this journey, I always thought it would  be alone. I've learned that there are more people supporting me than I could have ever imagined. I can't believe how much I have been truly blessed this last month. Heavenly Father has made one of my biggest dreams start to become a reality. Even though I've tried before, I know that this is the right time. As Jordin Sparks says "This is my now"

"There was a time when I packed my dreams away." I have discovered that this is so true. I had always thought that I would never be able to lose weight and I was always putting myself down for the fact I wasn't like everyone else. I always told myself that I will always be this size and that no matter what I tried it wouldn't work. I even thought to myself, I will never get married, I will never have children so on and so forth. However things have for sure changed.

"I am made of more than my yesterdays" I am starting to overcome all of these insecurities  I have had for years. I am still not comfortable in a bathing suit, but as I get smaller I will. I love myself now and I'm not afraid of who I am. I know I'm not the size two model, but that's not how Heavenly Father has made me. He has given me this challenge to take on and I will. I won't psych myself out and say I don't have the motivation, strength or whatever excuse I can find. I know I have this strength.


“He shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. Alma 7:11 

10 comments:

  1. you're my hero!!! keep it up!!! you have a whole army behind you supporting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written this myself three years ago. I am so glad that you have come to this realization so mzny yesrs before I did. You will get to experience so much more and enjoy things to the fullest where I just had to stand on the side and watch. You are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my hero too, Tori!!!! :D I LOVE YOUR FACE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your face! I am way excited for our trip! :)

      Delete
  4. You are also my hero! You are so amazing! I am very glad that I have you as my friend! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! I love you too! I am so glad you are home for the summer! I can't wait to see you more! :)

      Delete
  5. Very proud of you, Tori! To come to these conclusions takes a lot of courage, and to voice them takes even more. I saw you out walking yesterday. I wanted to go too, except I was home puking. But I'd love to go with you sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We walk everyone mon-thursday at either 915am or 830pm just depends on our scheduals. We walk up the hill to lake mountain and back down and occasionally around the block once. Join us whenever!

    ReplyDelete