Monday, June 11, 2012

Goals, Goals, and more goals!

So as I walked up the hill this morning I was thinking to myself I can do this I can do this! This last week has been a good but trying week. I feel like Satan was really pushing me this last week. There were quite a few days where I said to myself "Why am I doing this" "This goal is so unrealistic" "There is no way I can keep doing this"

I pushed through it. Without the help of the Lord I don't know where I would be. I picked up my phone during sacrament meeting yesterday and decided to read a conference talk and it so happens to be the talk by Paul E. Koeliker and the thing that stood out to me was this: "I love being with the full-time missionaries. They are full of faith, hope, and genuine charity. Their missionary experience is like a minilife packaged in 18 to 24 months. They arrive as spiritual infants with a serious appetite to learn, and they leave as mature adults, seemingly ready to conquer any and all challenges placed before them. I also love the devoted senior missionaries, who are full of patience, wisdom, and calm assurance. They bring a gift of stability and love to the youthful energy that surrounds them. Together the young missionaries and the senior couples are a powerful, persevering force for good, which is having a profound effect on their lives and upon those who are touched by their service."    


This is the reason I want to serve a mission. He continues to talk about missionary work and it makes me feel so much better to know this is why im doing all this hard work. :) As I continued my walk I was talking to Melanie and was telling her my goal is to walk to the top of Unity pass and down by the end of the month. If I set little goals I will be able to achieve the bigger goal at the end. So we set up a plan to do just that. 


So aside from the emotional week I have had it was a pretty good week. I did really good with the walking and good with the diet. So have a happy Monday everyone and remember that with the help of the Lord all things are obtainable! 

2 comments:

  1. Tori you are an inspiration to us all!!! keep up the good work. the hard days will only make you stronger and realize that you CAN do this and you will. cause you are way stronger than the adversary. you are doing awesome!! nothing worth it is ever easy. you call me! and I'll be right there next to you if you ever wanna go walk or something. 8013673408 love ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could walk with you!! But my foot is not getting any better, =( but I would so walk with you up to Unity pass that is my goal too!!

    ReplyDelete